For most people, one of the most frustrating parts of dealing with a legal issue is navigating the court system. Regardless of what type of legal issue you are dealing with, it helps to have an experienced attorney on your side. It also helps to have a list of reliable, trustworthy community resources available when you need them. With that in mind, the following are court links and telephone numbers for the areas we serve, including Murfreesboro, Smyrna, and La Vergne Tennessee.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee Courts
- Murfreesboro City Court
- 111 W Vine St., Second Floor , Murfreesboro, TN 37130
- (615) 890-2142
- Handles citations or violations of a Murfreesboro City Code.
Smyrna, Tennessee Courts
- Smyrna Municipal Court
- 400 Enon Springs Rd E, Smyrna, TN 37167
- (615) 355-5739
- Has concurrent general sessions jurisdiction over all violations of state criminal laws within the corporate limits of the town. This includes conducting preliminary hearings on felony cases. The Judge also hears adult traffic cases and town code violations.
La Vergne, Tennessee Courts
- La Vergne City Court
- 5093 Murfreesboro Rd, La Vergne, TN 37086
- (615) 287-8630
- Handles all traffic citations issued by the City of La Vergne Police Department.
Rutherford County Courts
- 105 N Maple St, Murfreesboro, TN 37130
- Circuit Court Clerk (615) 898-7820
- Juvenile Court Clerk (615) 898-7972
- Circuit Court Civil – (615) 898-7820 handles cases such as contracts, torts, personal injury, property damage, malpractice, wrongful deaths, employment discrimination, civil rights suits, tax disputes, special remedies and cases not otherwise specified.
- Circuit Court Criminal – (615) 898-7812 handles all felony and misdemeanor cases presented to the Grand Jury.
- General Sessions Civil – (615) 217-0069 handles noncriminal legal matters. A civil case can be filed for landlord or tenant issues and small-claims civil matters.
- General Sessions Criminal – (615) 898-7831 handles traffic tickets and misdemeanor criminal offenses.
- Collections Office – (615) 849-5737 collects all court costs and fees assessed in all cases before the Circuit Criminal, Circuit Civil, General Sessions Criminal/Traffic, General Session Civil, and Juvenile Courts in Rutherford County.
- Juvenile Court — (615) 898-7972 deals with matters concerning juveniles, any individual who is under the chronological age of eighteen (18) years and who has not been previously transferred to adult court. Such matters include, but are not limited to, cases involving children that are dependent and neglected, abused, status/unruly or delinquent; determination of custody/visitation and support, parentage for children of unwed parents and trust accounts.
- Jury Duty (615) 907-3566
- Domestic Violence (615) 896-7377
- District Attorney (615) 898-8008
- Judicial Commissioners (615) 217-0054
- Public Defender (615) 898-8020
- State Probation (615) 898-8030
- Child Support Office (615) 898-8002
- Providence (615) 890-3007
Federal Court — U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- 801 Broadway, Room 800, Nashville, TN 37203
- Court Clerk — (615) 736-2364 (ext.3225)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution — (615) 736-2364 (ext.3201)
- Civil Docket Clerk — (615) 736-7178
- Criminal Docket Clerk — (615) 736-7396
- Jury Coordinator — (615) 736-5483 (ext.3219)
- Bankruptcy Court Clerk (615) 736-5584
- Bureau of Prisons (615) 736-5148
- Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (513) 564-7000
- Federal Public Defender’s Office (615) 736-5047
If you have questions or concerns regarding a legal matter the State of Tennessee, it is in your best interest to consult with the experienced Tennessee attorneys at Bennett | Michael | Hornsby. Contact the team today by calling 615-898-1560 to schedule your appointment.
I am confused about the only review on this page. It is so not the truth. I have had Mr. Bennett as my lawyer a couple of times and know him very well. Most attorneys know that they make alot of money of you and that is all that they care about. However, Mr. Bennett really does care about you as a person. He always asks about what is going on in my life, and cares about my well being. In the courtroom he tries his absolute best to get you in the least amount of trouble as possible, and almost always succeeds! I got out of a lot of trouble that i so deserved to be in, and without him I couldn't have. I already have recommended him to other people and will continue to do so forever. Great Lawyer and you will not be disappointed. Hiring him was worth literally every penny!
Criminal Defense clients
Mr. Bennett was amazing! I would definitely recommend him! He cares about getting you the best deal and he will get it for you. He helped me a lot and everything went so smooth. If you are in any kind of trouble Mr. Bennett is the way to go.
Criminal Defense clients