When a marriage comes to an end the couple must legally end the union through the process of divorce. One purpose of the divorce process is to legally separate the assets and debts of the parties. Whether a couple has relatively few debts and assets or extremely valuable assets and significant debts the division of those debts and assets can be contentious.
Topics covered in this report include:
- The Divorce Process Basics
- What Is Property?
- How Is Property Divided in Tennessee?
- Separate vs. Marital Property
- Pre-Marital Agreements
- Co-Mingling and Transmutation of Assets
- Options for Dividing Assets and Debts
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
Latest posts by Stan Bennett (see all)
- Teenagers and Divorce: Tips for Parents - June 1, 2023
- Estate Planning Myths and Misconceptions - May 16, 2023
- Tennessee Felony and Misdemeanor Sentencing - May 11, 2023